Barbara J. Leach, Esq.
Areas of Focus
- Bankruptcy Law
- Mortgage Modification
- Family Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Complex Business Litigation
- Employment Law
- Florida State University College of Law, J.D. 2007
- Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor and Writing & Research Editor
- With Honors
- Rollins College, B.A. 1999
- Outstanding Graduating Senior
- Valencia College, A.A. 1994
- Valencia Distinguished Graduate
- Florida, 2007
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- 2012 Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite
- 2012 Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition
- 2013 Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition
- 2014 Florida Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition
- 2013 Leader in the Law, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
Memberships & Affiliations
- Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy, 2013 Fellow
- Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers, 2013-2014 President
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- 2012 Real Estate Law Symposium
- 2013 Developing Distinction in Women: Progressing as a Professional, Networking, and Staying Safe, Healthy and Sane Along the Way
Barbara J. Leach is the managing attorney of Barbara Leach Law, PL. Her practice concentrates on representing individuals and small businesses, helping them with bankruptcy, foreclosure, credit harassment, family and employment law, and other litigation issues.
Ms. Leach is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts and Bankruptcy Courts in both the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida and is admitted to appear before the U.S. District Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. She is a member of the American Bar Association, the Florida Bar Association, the Central Florida Bankruptcy Law Association, the Orange County Bar Association and the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers. Ms. Leach is currently serving as the 2013-2014 President of the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers and was also selected as a Fellow for the 2013-2014 term of the Wm. Reece Smith, Jr. Leadership Academy of the Florida Bar.
Ms. Leach was featured in the 2012 Florida Trend’s Florida Legal Elite. In recognition for her excellence in practice, Ms. Leach was selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers - Rising Stars Edition for 2012, 2013, and 2014. She was also named a 2013 Leader in the Law by the Florida Association for Women Lawyers.
Engaged not only in professional associations, Ms. Leach is also actively involved in the Central Florida community. She served as the Chair of the ALS Association Walk to Defeat ALS in 2009 and 2010, leading a team of volunteers to raise more money with greater attendance than any other Florida ALSA Walk. She has been featured as a speaker at the 2012 Real Estate Law Symposium and the “Developing Distinction in Women: Progressing as a Professional, Networking, and Staying Safe, Healthy and Sane Along the Way” event which was co-hosted by the Central Florida Association for Women Lawyers and the Orange County Bar Association.
Ms. Leach grew up in Daytona Beach and has called Orlando home since 1992. She is a graduate of Valencia Community College, where she received the college’s most prestigious student honor in 1994, the Valencia Distinguished Graduate Award. Later, she attended the Hamilton Holt School at Rollins College and obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 1999, earning the Outstanding Graduating Senior designation. While attending the Florida State University College of Law, Ms. Leach served as both the Notes & Comments Editor and the Writing & Research Editor for the Florida State Law Review. She received a two-year University Fellowship, and in 2007 Ms. Leach earned her Juris Doctorate with honors.
In her spare time, Ms. Leach enjoys bicycling and walking her Chihuahua - but not simultaneously.